GB enters first mixed artistic swimming event at European Junior ChampionshipsJune 29, 2021
Great Britain is entering a mixed artistic swimming event for the first time at the LEN European Junior Championships.
Ranjuo Tomblin and Rosie Rallings will make history when they take part in the technical mixed duet during the five-day competition in Malta.
They are part of an 11-strong team which is competing in the solo, duet and team events against 27 other nations.
Karen Thorpe, Swim England artistic swimming manager, said it promised to be a tough and exciting competition for the squad.
She added: “This year only, they have allowed the junior age group to go up to 19 years instead of the usual 18, so there are many athletes we have already seen through the season competing at senior level.
“It’s going to be a very tough, strong and exciting competition for our athletes.
Excited to see them swim
“We have a mixture of youth and experience. Seven of our team took part in the senior European Championships in Budapest, with four new juniors coming in.
“One of them is Ranjuo, who will compete with Rosie in the technical mixed duet.
“It is the first time Great Britain has entered a mixed event and we are all very excited to see them swim.”
The competition gets underway on Wednesday 30 June with the duet free preliminary event, followed by the technical duet, the technical mixed duet and the free duet finals on Thursday 1 July.
On Friday 2 July, the team free and solo technical finals take place, while solo free preliminaries and team technical finals are on Saturday 3 July.
The championships come to a close on Saturday 4 July with the free combination, solo free and highlight routine finals.
Great Britain team taking part in the LEN European Junior Artistic Swimming Championships
- Robyn Swatman – tech and free solo, tech and free team
- Laura Turberville – tech duet, tech and free team
- Daisy Gunn – tech duet, tech and free team
- Cerys Larsen – free duet, tech and free team
- Millie Costello – free duet, tech and free team
- Aimee Lawrence – tech and free team
- Isobel Blinkhorn – tech and free team
- Eleanor Blinkhorn – teach and free team
- Evie Walker – tech and free team
- Rosie Rallings – tech mixed duet, tech and free team
- Ranjuo Tomblin – tech mixed duet