Figure Grade 2January 9, 2018
The England Artistic Swimming Figure Grade 2 focuses on basic transitions and figures in artistic swimming.
Swimmers will be required to perform 10 elements to judges. Each grade has three levels (gold, silver and bronze) so all athletes have the ability to perfect their figures before moving to the next grade.
To view full descriptions of artistic swimming basic positions (BP), basic movements (BM) and figures (Fig), download the FINA Figures and Required Elements document on the right of this page.
10 Elements to Artistic Swimming Figure Grade 2
- Back layout to inverted tuck position held for five seconds (BP 9).
- Ballet leg (Fig 101 DD 1.6).
- Somersault back pike (Fig 303 DD 1.5).
- Somersault front pike (Fig 320 DD 1.7).
- Blossom (Fig 302 DD 1.4).
- Neptunus (Fig 344 DD1.8).
- Walkout front (BM 6a).
- Back layout to bent knee surface arch position.
- Vertical with a vertical descent (BM 10).
- Split position on land – right leg and left leg. Both legs must be attempted.
Click here to download a judging guide for the England Artistic Swimming Figure Grade 2 where you can read more details about each element.
Swimmers should remember these four mandatory requirements in all elements.
- Extension must be evident throughout.
- Toes and feet must be pointed.
- Effective and smooth sculling.
- All figures should be stable and controlled.