Figure Grade 3January 9, 2018
The England Artistic Swimming Figure Grade 3 focuses on 12 and under age group figures in artistic swimming.
Swimmers will be required to perform 10 elements to judges. Each grade has three levels (gold, silver and bronze) so all athletes have the ability to perfect their figures before moving to the next grade.
To view full descriptions of artistic swimming basic positions (BP), basic movements (BM) and figures (Fig), download the FINA Figures and Required Elements document on the right of this page.
10 Elements to Artistic Swimming Figure Grade 3
- Straight Ballet Leg (Fig 106 DD 1.6)
- Barracuda (Fig 301 DD 1.8)
- Front Ariana (Fig 359 DD 2.2)
- Tower (Fig 348 DD 1.9)
- Water Drop (Fig 363 DD 1.8)
- Swordfish (Fig 401 DD 2.1)
- Kip (Fig 311 DD 1.6)
- Swanita Spinning 180 (Fig 227d DD 1.9)
- Vertical Position spin 360 (BM 1)
- Split position on land – right leg and left leg. Both legs must be attempted.
Click here to download a judging guide for the England Artistic Swimming Figure Grade 3 where you can read more details about each element.
Artistic Swimming Figure Grade 3 Video Demonstrations
Watch the clips below for video demonstrations of each of the 10 elements for Figure Grade 3.
Swimmers should remember these four mandatory requirements in all elements.
- Extension must be evident throughout.
- Toes and feet must be pointed.
- Effective and smooth sculling.
- All figures should be stable and controlled.