Figures draw confirmed for National Age Group Championships 2020March 6, 2020
The draw for the figures competition at the Swim England Artistic Swimming National Age Group Championships 2020 has been made.
Manchester Aquatics Centre is the venue for the prestigious event, which will see hundreds of the country’s up-and-coming artistic swimmers taking part.
The National Age Group Championships is the top level domestic competition for young synchronised swimmers and features under-12s and 13-15 years age groups.
The figures competition is the opening event of the championships which takes place on Saturday and Sunday 7 March, and the draw is:
- Under 12: Group 2 – 311 Kip and 401 Swordfish
- 13-15 Years: Group 3 – 355f Porpoise Continuous Spin 720 and 315 Seagull
There are four types of competition at the National Age Group Championships:
- All athletes will begin the competition by completing Figures where they will receive a score based on their performance of four ‘figures‘ which increase in difficulty for each age group.
- The Solo competition is open to the top 12 athletes from these figures rankings who wish to enter in each age group.
- The Duet competition is open to the top 12 athletes, and Mixed Duet competition is open to all athletes, but pairs must consist of two swimmers from the same club for both competitions.
- The Team competition features between four and eight swimmers, and the Combo competition features between six and ten swimmers (all from the same club in both competitions).
While there are time limits on the solo, duet and team routines, there are no required elements which swimmers must perform.
Routines will be judged based on three degrees of Technical Merit (Execution, Synchronicity, Difficulty) and three degrees of Artistic Impression (Choreography, Interpretation, Presentation).
The score for each athlete’s routine is then added to their original figures score for an overall score from which the final rankings are based.
The figures scores for duets and teams are the average calculated from the swimmers competing in that respective duet or team.
Watch the National Age Group Championships
Tickets can be purchased on the day priced at £10.50 for adults and £9.50 for concessions.
A weekend ticket is £17 for adults and £15 for concessions.
Tickets can also be purchased online until 5pm on Friday 6 March at a discounted rate compared with the box office prices.