Routine Grade 3January 9, 2017
The England Artistic Swimming Routine Grade 3 focuses on deck work and entry, travel and hybrids in artistic swimming.
Swimmers will be required to perform 10 elements to judges. Each grade has three levels (gold, silver and bronze) so all athletes have the ability to perfect their figures before moving to the next grade.
To view full descriptions of artistic swimming basic positions (BP), basic movements (BM) and figures (Fig), download the FINA Figures and Required Elements document on the right of this page.
10 Elements to Artistic Swimming Routine Grade 3
- Walk on with counts and good posture and assume a start pose. From pose, step to edge dive entry and head first boost.
- Double arm eggbeater for 6m; 3m with one side leading, turn and continue for 3m opposite side leading.
- Head first boost and ‘catch’ in eggbeater.
- Fishtail held for 10 sec max height into vertical, followed by pikeout and body boost from under the water.
- Side flutter into front pike to front walkout and torpedo for 5m.
- Bucket to fishtail swaps for a count of eight (two counts for each swap) metronome at 160 bpm.
- Single leg swirl two times. One leg lifts in 180 arch around the surface to a split position and walk out front is executed.
- Start from under the water, dynamic foot first bent knee thrust.
- Table top to bucket to vertical followed by a 180 degrees spin.
- Travelling head first, assume a ballet leg, return to back layout, assume the opposite ballet leg and return to back layout. Completed to metronome at 160 bpm, one count per movement.
Click here to download a judging guide for the England Artistic Swimming Routine Grade 3 where you can read more details about each element.