Routine Grade 4January 9, 2017
The England Artistic Swimming Routine Grade 4 focuses on controlled entry, travel and hybrids in artistic swimming.
Swimmers will be required to perform 11 elements to judges. Each grade has three levels (gold, silver and bronze) so all athletes have the ability to perfect their figures before moving to the next grade.
To view full descriptions of artistic swimming basic positions (BP), basic movements (BM) and figures (Fig), download the FINA Figures and Required Elements document on the right of this page.
11 Elements to Artistic Swimming Routine Grade 4
- Walk on to counts with presentation and assume a pose and short deck work. Followed by a dive entry followed by double arm head first boost.
- 5 metres of travelling eggbeater with a single arm twirl followed by 5 metres travelling opposite direction.
- Head first boost followed by 3 metres double arm egg beater travel.
- 5 metres torpedo scull, smooth transition coming out sideways into 3 metres double arm eggbeater with creative arms.
- Vertical position travelling, 1 metres sideways, 1 metres backwards.
- Foot first thrust with a spin of at least 360 degrees leg position optional.
- Fishtail switches for a count of eight (two counts per switch) to metronome 160bpm.
- Body boost from under the water. Followed by right leg max height fishtail for 10 seconds followed by four fishtail switches and pike out.
- Technical team element four – Butterfly Hybrid DD2.9 to metronome with eight counts per transition (160bpm).
- Cookie position to straddle to vertical followed by a continuous spin of at least 720 degrees.
Click here to download a judging guide for the England Artistic Swimming Routine Grade 4 where you can read more details about each element.