Routine Grade 5January 9, 2017
The Swim England Synchro Routine Grade 5 focuses on deck work, entries, travel and hybrids in synchronised swimming.
Swimmers will be required to perform 10 elements to judges. Each grade has three levels (gold, silver and bronze) so all athletes have the ability to perfect their figures before moving to the next grade.
To view full descriptions of synchronised swimming basic positions (BP), basic movements (BM) and figures (Fig), download the FINA Figures and Required Elements document on the right of this page.
10 Elements to Synchro Routine Grade 5
- Walk on with presentation, assume a start pose followed by solo deck work, dive entry followed immediately by a foot first boost.
- Double arm eggbeater 8m travelling in all directions. (2m in each direction).
- Two head first boosts both with double arms. One must contain a twirl.
- 5m torpedo scull. Sit up forwards into eggbeater, followed by 5m forward double arm eggbeater.
- Side flutter kick followed by a rapid transition into a front pike position followed immediately by a rapid double leg walk over into torpedo scull followed by a smooth transition into double arm eggbeater.
- Full vertical twist in off-angle position (position optional).
- Combined spin of 360 degrees down and 360 degrees up. Leg position optional.
- Fishtail into vertical, followed by pikeout and up to the surface, followed by two counts of eight of double arm eggbeater to metronome at 160 bpm.
- Table top to fishtail, to vertical. Vertical twirl to table top, return to vertical finished with a 360 degree spin (160 bpm). One count for each move except spin in four counts.
- Technical team element number two to metronome at 160 bpm; eight counts per transition.
Click here to download a judging guide for the England Synchro Routine Grade 5 where you can read more details about each element.
Synchro Routine Grade 5 Video Demonstrations
Watch the clips below for video demonstrations of each of the 10 elements for Routine Grade 5.