Routine Grade 5January 9, 2017
The Swim England Artistic Swimming Routine Grade 5 focuses on deck work, entries, travel and hybrids in artistic swimming.
Swimmers will be required to perform 10 elements to judges. Each grade has three levels (gold, silver and bronze) so all athletes have the ability to perfect their figures before moving to the next grade.
To view full descriptions of artistic swimming basic positions (BP), basic movements (BM) and figures (Fig), download the FINA Figures and Required Elements document on the right of this page.
10 Elements to Artistic Swimming Routine Grade 5
- Walk on with presentation, assume a start pose followed by solo deck work, dive entry followed immediately by a foot first boost.
- Double arm eggbeater 10 seconds arms down into surface body boost and sink. Ariana starting in left leg split holding each split for 5 seconds and a medium pace walk out.
- Two head first boosts both with double arms. One must contain a twirl.
- 5m torpedo scull. Sit up forwards into eggbeater, followed by 5m forward no arm eggbeater flutter kick for 5 seconds to pike down.
- Side flutter kick followed by a rapid transition into a front pike position followed immediately by a rapid double leg walk over into torpedo scull followed by a smooth transition into double arm eggbeater.
- Full vertical twist in off-angle position (position optional).
- Combined spin of 360 degrees down and 360 degrees up. Leg position optional.
- Left Fishtail held for 10 sec max height into vertical, followed by pikeout and body boost from under the water. Followed by right leg max height fishtail for 10 sec followed by 4 fishtail switches and pike out.
- Table top to fishtail, to vertical. Vertical twirl to table top, return to vertical finished with a 360 degree spin (160 bpm). One count for each move except spin in four counts.
- Team element 3b – Two fouetté Rotations – vertical spinning 360 DD 2.3
Click here to download a judging guide for the England Artistic Swimming Routine Grade 5 where you can read more details about each element.
Artistic Swimming Routine Grade 5 Video Demonstrations
Watch the clips below for video demonstrations of each of the 10 elements for Routine Grade 5.