FAQs For EmployersSeptember 13, 2018
If you need some help with creating your listing, here are some of our frequently asked questions.
These can help you to choose the best package for you, guide you though the process, and give you information about how your vacancy will be promoted.
Please note: Our site is currently being updated (30 May 2019). These FAQs will be updated shortly in line with the new functions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which package is right for me?
There are three levels of listing – Bronze, Silver and Gold – each with different content and benefits.
Here’s a brief summary of each package:
- Bronze: our basic listing, designed to highlight that your organisation has a vacancy, used to invite potential applicants to contact you for the vacancy details. It does not include space for a job description.
- Silver: Our standard package and a typical listing, allowing you to include elements such as a full job description and details how to apply, a logo, or online application via your own website.
- Gold: An enhanced version of our Silver package, this includes lots of extra active promotion by us – priority placement on our site, a push via premium social media and an individual emtry for each job in our Jobs Update newsletter (see ‘how will my vacancy be promoted’).
Once you have chosen your package, the booking forms can be found towards the top of this page.
- How will my vacancy be promoted?
The basic promotion for all listings is as follows
- Banners across swimming.org, both on the Careers in Aquatics page and on relevant pages across swimming.org (some shown as ‘jobs closing soon’, some to promote Careers in Aquatics as a whole)
- Jobs feeds to key audience partner websites
- Search functions for specific feeds on the page to help applicants to find relevant jobs
- Keywords assist with searches via Google and swimming.org
- Our @JobsInSwimming Twitter feed and Swimming Jobs LinkedIn feed (around 6,500 followers combined as at June 2018)
- Promotion of the Careers in Aquatics service through various Swim England channels including Swimming Times, events, club conferences etc.
- A link to all advertised jobs in our fortnightly Jobs Update newsletter
The Gold package includes additional promotion, specifically:
- Premium placement on site, both when newly listed and in searches
- Prominent banner advertising in our Featured Employers area
- Premium social media promotion through the Swim England and Institute of Swimming Twitter feeds, reaching out directly to aquatics professionals
- Specific promotion for each Gold job listing in our fortnightly Jobs Update newsletter, received by over 27,000 job seekers (as at July 2018).
If you would like to add to this exposure, to enhance your campaign, you may be interested in booking a digital banner advertisement to run alongside.
Last updated: 13 July 2018
- How much will my listing cost?
The price depends on the type of listing and duration. Prices can be found above.
Prices are shown per month or part month. If you wish to advertise for more than one month, just choose the longer date at the time of booking, and the rate is 50% for the second, third month etc.
We also offer packages of listings for those employers who wish to list multiple vacancies across the year. Details of those can be found here.
- How long will my advert be live?
You choose the duration by setting the closing date. Prices shown are per month because this is the most popular duration; subsequent months are charged at 50% of the rate. We advise keeping the duration to a maximum two months unless you are placing a running advert for ongoing recruitment and stating so somewhere in the listing. A distant closing date may deter early applications unless it’s clearly explained.
- How do I submit a vacancy?
If you wish to upload a single listing, just choose your package – Bronze, Silver or Gold – and complete the appropriate booking form. There is a summary about each package above and a Select button for each which will take you the individual booking forms.
Complete each section of the booking form with the content of your listing and your contact details, then click ‘Next’. You will be shown a preview page of how the listing will look so that you can go back and make any changes. Please make sure that you change anything that you need to at this stage. Once you are happy, click the Finish button to submit your vacancy to us.
If payment with booking is required, follow the instructions on screen to arrange that. If payment isn’t required – if, for example, your listings are under a prepaid package or your have an account with us – we will contact you once we have processed your listing.
Once processed, we will send a link to you as a very final check that you’re happy with the listing. Your listing will then run as is until the closing date you have chosen.
- How do I pay?
Payment is straightforward.
If you have an account with us for your advertising, or have pre-ooked a package of credits, we will process your listing and send you an invoice or allocate a credit.
In some cases, we are able to accept a purchase order from account holders. Please contact us if you would like to take this option.
New customers and non-account holders:
If you are a new customer or do not yet have an account, then you will need to make payment before your listing can go live. When we receive your booking form through the website, we will contact you about payment. Once payment is received, your listing can be processed.
We take payment online, via credit or debit card, using PayPal invoicing. You will not need a PayPal account to use this method, as you can just enter your card details on screen.
If you do not yet have an account with us but are interested in opening one, please contact us. A full credit check must be carried out before any credit can be given. First orders on new accounts must be paid for by a credit/debit card.
- How do I word the job title?
The title should be the official job title, such as would be issued on the employment contract. Any other text, such as location, contract type or working hours, have their own fields on the booking form.
Choose a simple and recognised job title to help applicants find your vacancy. We have included some suggestions below.
- Swimming Teacher (visitors to our site tend to search for the term ‘teacher’ over ‘instructor’ )
- Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
- Head Swimming Coach (You may refer to your coach as just ‘head coach’ but adding the discipline helps clarify)
Please do not enter any descriptive information in the job title as this will be removed.
If you have multiple different roles to advertise, such as a coach and a lifeguard, each one should have its own listing. If you have 3 vacancies for the same role on the same type of contract, for example you need four part-time teachers, then those can work under one listing.
- What do I enter as organisation/company name?
This is the name of the employer who is issuing the contract for the role. For example, if this is for a leisure centre, the employer is the name of the operator of the site, not the site name.
If you are choosing the Silver or Gold package, please make sure that the employer name and logo are the same company.
- Do I need to include a logo?
A logo is mandatory in the Gold package because it form the banner advertisement included in the package. This sits in the Featured Employers panel.
A logo is optional in the Silver package but we recommend including one if you are able.
The Bronze package does not include a logo.
- Why does the site use a postcode rather than just text or an area?
Location is key to someone considering a new role and using a postcode helps potential applicants accurately and easily pinpoint vacancies in their target area.
- I have roles across several locations. What do I put as the postcode?
We ask you to use the postcode for the main site of work, to indicate where the vacancy is based and to allow potential applicants to search by distance or place name. If the role requires the person to work at multiple sites, we suggest you enter the postcode of the main site of work, where the spend the most time, or the most central site.
If you have vacancies at fairly distant sites, you should set a separate listing up for each location so that you can get the best result from your advertisement.
See our bulk discounts page here for details about booking multiple listings and benefitting from a discount when you do.
- What options are available for Swim England affiliated clubs or swim school members?
As well as the multi-buy discounts available to all advertisers, we also run special deals exclusively for Swim England affiliated clubs, SwimMark accredited clubs and Swim School Members.
We aren’t removing these offers but we are changing how they are redeemed. Please drop us an email to register your interest to email@example.com
- Which qualification box do I check?
You should select the minimum required qualification for the role. If more than one qualification is required, such as a swimming teacher who must also hold a lifeguard qualification, select both.
If you require a swimming teacher qualified to level 2, select level 2 but not level 1 as the latter is a swimming assistant. Doing this will help direct your vacancy to applicants with the correct qualification.
A common confusion is whether the qualification should be the teaching or coaching option of a given qualification level.
Our terms refer to Swim England’s qualifications so teaching generally refers to teaching swimming lessons such as for non-swimmers, basic skills and Learn to Swim programmes and parent and baby classes.
Coaching usually refers to the competitive environment such as within a swimming club, where the role is to improve technical skill and develop athletes.
This article about the differences between teacher and coaching in our Career Advice section may help.
- How will I receive applications?
All applications come straight to you via your chosen method.
If you elect to invite email application, those will come straight to your inbox via our online contact form.
(We’re about to update how this looks to applicants so watch this space for more information!)
If you prefer to accept applications via a link to your own website, then applicants can be redirected to the job page on your own site and applications come to you that way.