About the National Age Group ChampionshipsNovember 29, 2018
The Swim England Open Water National Age Group Championships is the premiere competition for young open water swimmers in England.
The Championships contain races over three distances: 2km, 3km and 5km.
Age groups 12 and 13 yrs compete over 2km, 14 and 15 yrs compete over 3km, while 16, 17/18 and 19+ yrs complete the 5km course.
Swim England Open Water National Age Group Championships 2020
- When: 27 July 2020
- Where: Thrybergh Country Park
- Address: Doncaster Rd, Thrybergh, Rotherham S65 4NU
- Entries: Entries open in May 2020. Find out more on our Competitor Entry page.
- Tickets: Free entry for all spectators – find out more on our Spectator Information page
- Social: Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest updates about the event or join the conversation by using the hashtag #SEOpenWater
What can I expect from the Open Water National Age Group Championships?
You can expect the finest young open water swimmers in the country and future Olympians honing their skills.
Danielle Huskisson and Toby Robinson are just two swimmers who have used National Age Group medals as a platform for international success, going on to compete for Great Britain at World Championships.
City of Peterborough’s Jamie Scholes was among the winners of the 2018 event, defending his title in the boys’ 17/18 yrs age group. Meanwhile, Wycombe District SC were awarded the overall Top Club trophy.
- View full reports and results from the 2018 event on our news pages.