About the National Age Group ChampionshipsNovember 29, 2018
The Swim England Open Water National Age Group Championships is the premiere competition for young open water swimmers in England.
The Championships contain races over three distances: 2km, 5km and 7.5km.
Age groups 12 and 13 yrs compete over 2km, 14 and 15 yrs compete over 5km, while 16, 17/18 and 19+ yrs complete the 7.5km course.
This year’s event will double up as a selection meet for the World Junior Open Water Championships in the Seychelles in August.
Swim England Open Water National Age Group Championships 2020
- When: 27 July 2020
- Where: Thrybergh Country Park
- Address: Doncaster Rd, Thrybergh, Rotherham S65 4NU
- Entries: Entries open on the 1st June 2020. Find out more on our Competitor Entry page.
- Tickets: Free entry for all spectators – find out more on our Spectator Information page
- Social: Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest updates about the event or join the conversation by using the hashtag #SEOpenWater
What can I expect from the Open Water National Age Group Championships 2020?
You can expect the finest young open water swimmers in the country and future Olympians honing their skills.
Danielle Huskisson and Toby Robinson are just two swimmers who have used National Age Group medals as a platform for international success, going on to compete for Great Britain at World Championships.
City of Peterborough’s Jamie Scholes was among the winners of the 2018 event, defending his title in the boys’ 17/18 yrs age group. Meanwhile, Wycombe District SC were awarded the overall Top Club trophy.
Due to this year’s event being a qualifier for the FINA World Junior Open Water Swimming Championships, two of the race distances are different to previous years.
The 12 and 13 year olds will still compete over 2km but the 14 and 15 year olds will now race over 5km rather than 3km, while the 16, 17-18 years and 19 years plus competitors will swim a 7.5km course instead of 5km.
- View full reports and results from the 2019 event on our news pages.