Pathway swimmers who missed out on Best Fest trip will get chance to shineMay 23, 2020
A team of swimmers who were due to jet out to Spain this weekend to represent England at a prestigious open water festival will get their opportunity to shine again.
Twenty youngsters on the Swim England Talent Pathway and 10 support staff should have been taking part in Best Fest in Colonia Sant Jordi, Mallorca, from 23-30 May.
The trip, which would have doubled up as a Distance Development Camp for the youngsters, was cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Grant Robins, Swim England Head of Talent – Swimming, said: “It’s a real shame that Best Fest was cancelled as it’s a fantastic opportunity for our pathway swimmers to experience open water in a competitive field.
“We understand the disappointment that this will have caused but wanted to take this opportunity to congratulate and recognise their selection to the Swim England Junior Squad – Distance Development Camp.
“We’d encourage all of them to stay positive during these challenging times and look to the future where there will be opportunities for them all going forward.”
Swim England Junior Squad – Distance Development Camp
- Amelia Brian (Ellesmere College Titans)
- Tiegan Child (Beckenham)
- Freya Colbert (Nova Centurion/SE Performance Centre)
- Joseph Deighan (Millfield School)
- Alicia Dingle (Royal Wolverhampton)
- Ella Dyson (Wycombe District/SE Performance Centre)
- Sapphira Gabbani (City of Sheffield/SE Performance Centre)
- Pierce Greening (Cockermouth ASC)
- Aimee Hood (City of Birmingham)
- Livia Kingsland (Nova Centurion/SE Performance Centre)
- Frances Newe (Dulwich Dolphins)
- Jackson O’Rourke (Northampton SC)
- Cara O’Toole (Hillingdon)
- Jevon Penny (Northampton SC)
- Charlie Poole (University of Stirling)
- Amelia Rodd (Ellesmere College Titans)
- Thomas Sansome (Wycombe District/SE Performance Centre)
- Joel Thompson (Ellesmere College Titans)
- Joshua Weston (Wycombe District/SE Performance Centre)
- Matthew Woodhall (City of Sheffield)
- Richard Barber (Lead Team Manager)
- Lynn Rayment (Development Team Manager)
- Joshua Atkins (OW Head Coach)
- Nathan Hilton (Pool Head Coach)
- Chris Suggitt (OW Team Coach)
- Tom Harforth (OW Team Coach)
- David Vine (Pool Team Coach)
- Chris Littler (Pool Team Coach)
- Rob Tatham (Team Doctor)
- Rebecca Rhodes (Team Physio)