Level 2 Coaching Open Water Swimming QualificationDecember 4, 2018
Interested in taking an Open Water Swimming Coaching course? Find out more about this qualification below.
Level 2 Open Water Swimming Coaching
This qualification has been designed to allow current swimming coaches, teachers or triathlon coaches to build on their current skills and acquire specialist knowledge in delivering open water swimming sessions.
You will learn about:
- The roles and responsibilities of coaching open water swimming
- The advantages and disadvantages of different types of equipment
- The different opportunities available to open water swimmers
- How to plan for open water coaching sessions
- How to develop session management skills
By the end of this qualification you will have the skills needed to work as an open water coach and effectively and independently plan, prepare, deliver, monitor and evaluate a series of open water training sessions.
- 60 hours (of which 50 are face to face guided learning)
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older
- Have experience of open water swimming
Applicants must also hold at least one of the following qualifications:
- Swim England Level 2 Teaching Swimming
- Swim England Swimming Coach Certificate (or ASA equivalent)
- 1st 4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon
You will be required to demonstrate the knowledge and understanding you have learnt through this qualification.
Evidence may be generated through a variety of assessment methods, including, but not limited to:
- professional discussion
- practical observation
This qualification is not graded. You will either pass or be referred.
Find a British Open Water Swimming coaching course
Open water coaching courses take place during spring and summer in England .
Use our pre-filtered course finder on this page to find a course near you, or head to our Swim England Coaching Course Calendar.