Routine Grade 2January 9, 2017
The England Synchro Routine Grade 2 focuses on basic entry, travel and hybrids in synchronised swimming.
Swimmers will be required to perform 10 elements to judges. Each grade has three levels (gold, silver and bronze) so all athletes have the ability to perfect their figures before moving to the next grade.
To view full descriptions of synchronised swimming basic positions (BP), basic movements (BM) and figures (Fig), download the FINA Figures and Required Elements document on the right of this page.
10 Elements to Synchro Routine Grade 2
- Walk on with good posture, dive entry, two breaststrokes to the surface and surface in eggbeater.
- Single arm eggbeater for 10m; 5m with one side leading, turn and continue for 5m opposite side leading.
- Head first boost and descent (starting from underwater – arms to remain by side).
- Dolphin scull for 5m.
- Side flutter (5m), eggbeater (3m), side flutter (5m).
- Bucket/flick flack switches (four) completed to a metronome at 160 bpm within a count of eight.
- Pike to vertical with bucket/flick flack exit (rapid).
- Travelling single arm egg beater to a metronome at 160 bpm for three counts of eight. Arm action optional but rapid movements.
- Travelling back layout then assume a ballet leg and rapid back tuck somersault surfacing in eggbeater.
- Kick pull kick over to metronome at 160 bpm for 15m.
Click here to download a judging guide for the England Synchro Routine Grade 2 where you can read more details about each element.
Synchro Routine Grade 2 Video Demonstrations
Watch the clips below for video demonstrations of each of the 10 elements for Routine Grade 2.