The ASA National Open Water Festival is giving families and children aged between seven and 14 years the opportunity to take part in Swim Safe and Swim Safe for Families sessions.
Swim Safe is the annual water safety programme run by the ASA and the RNLI and the National Open Water Festival will be the first opportunity for the whole family to take part in the fun and interactive family water safety sessions.
Outdoor swimming is a great way to have fun, especially during the summer months. However the skills involved in keeping safe in lakes, rivers or the sea are different to those in an indoor pool. Swim Safe sessions help participants to transfer their skills from indoor pools to open water in order to keep safe.
Whether you have never experienced open water swimming or would like to learn how to stay safe this summer, these sessions are a fantastic opportunity for families to enjoy a fun session, learning how to stay safe while swimming in the lake.
The sessions are free to attend and include water safety advice from RNLI lifeguards and up to 45 minutes in-water tuition with ASA accredited swimming teachers.
Swim Safe for Families sessions at the National Open Water Festival include:
Saturday 23 July
- 10:00 – 11:00: Kids Session (7-14yrs)
- 11:00 – 12:00: Kids Session (7-14yrs)
- 14:00 – 15:30: Family Session
Sunday 24 July
- 10:30 – 11:30: Kids Session (7-14yrs)
- 11:30 – 12:30: Kids Session (7-14yrs)
- 13:00 – 14:00: Family Session
Spaces will also be available to book at the venue on the day.
- Please note: children and adults must be able to swim a minimum of 25 metres to take part in these family water safety sessions.