So you’re thinking about entering the Swim England Open Water National Age Group Championships? First of all, ask yourself these questions.
- Do you laugh in the face of wavey, outdoor swimming?
- Do you have ambitions to build up a trophy cabinet that would put even Keri-anne Payne to shame?
- Do you have a decent 800 or 1500 Free time and want to see how you match up over longer?
If the answer to any of these questions is YES, then find out more about entry below.
And if the answer is no…. well, download the entry docs, find out a little bit more about Swim England’s annual celebration of open water swimming and come join us anyway!
Even if you don’t fancy swimming, there’ll be a bouncy castle. Who doesn’t love those?!
How to Enter
- Download the Event Conditions – these contain all the official information you need to know about competing at Rother Valley. Even if you have competed before, it’s worth giving these a thorough once-over.
- Download the Entry Pack – the entry pack has everything you need to know about the entry process including timings, conditions and entry fees.
Choosing a wetsuit
Wetsuits need to be chosen in accordance with FINA Technical Rules of Masters Open Water Swimming – guidance below. Download the entry pack for full details.
- Water temperature 20 degrees or above: Swimming costumes must comply with FINA requirements (FINA rule BL8)
- Water temperature 18-19.9 degrees: Competitors may choose to wear a wetsuit or a swimming costume. Both must comply with FINA requirements (FINAL rule BL8.5)
- Water temperature 16-17.9 degrees: Competitors must wear a FINA approved wetsuit (FINA rule BL 8.5)