Figure Grade 1January 9, 2017
The Swim England Synchro Figure Grade 1 focuses on positions and basic positions in synchronised swimming.
Swimmers will be required to perform 10 elements to judges. Each grade has three levels (gold, silver and bronze) so all athletes have the ability to perfect their figures before moving to the next grade.
To view full descriptions of synchronised swimming basic positions (BP), basic movements (BM) and figures (Fig), download the FINA Figures and Required Elements document on the right of this page.
10 Elements to Synchro Figure Grade 1
- Stationary back layout held for five seconds (BP 1).
- Front layout (BP 2) followed by 1metre reverse scoop scull.
- Front pike position (BP 10).
- Hanging vertical (BP 6 ).
- Back layout to bent knee position returning to back layout (BP14b).
- Inverted split position.
- Back layout to back pike position (BP 11).
- Back tuck somersault (Fig 310 – DD 1.1).
- Fishtail position (BP 8).
- Split position on land – right leg and left leg. Both legs must be attempted.
Click here to download a judging guide for the England Synchro Figure Grade 1 where you can read more details about each element.
Synchro Figure Grade 1 Video Demonstrations
Watch the clips below for video demonstrations of each of the 10 elements for Figure Grade 1.
Swimmers should remember these four mandatory requirements in all elements.
- Extension must be evident throughout.
- Toes and feet must be pointed.
- Effective and smooth sculling.
- All figures should be stable and controlled.