Figure Grade 4January 9, 2017
The England Synchro Figure Grade 4 focuses on 13 – 15 years age group figures in synchronised swimming.
Swimmers will be required to perform 10 elements to judges. Each grade has three levels (gold, silver and bronze) so all athletes have the ability to perfect their figures before moving to the next grade.
To view full descriptions of synchronised swimming basic positions (BP), basic movements (BM) and figures (Fig), download the FINA Figures and Required Elements document on the right of this page.
10 Elements to Synchro Figure Grade 4
- Ariana (Fig 423 DD 2.2)
- Barracuda spinning 360 degrees (Fig 301e DD2.2)
- Heron (Fig 342 DD 2.1)
- Catalina (Fig 115 DD 2.3)
- Porpoise spin up 180 degrees (Fig 355h DD 2.2)
- Flamingo bent knee (Fig 140 DD2.4)
- Albatross 1/2 twist (Fig 240a DD 2.6)
- Side fishtail split (Fig 346 DD 2.0)
- Vertical continuous spin 720
- Split position on land – right leg and left leg. Both legs must be attempted.
Click here to download a judging guide for the England Synchro Figure Grade 4 where you can read more details about each element.
Swimmers should remember these four mandatory requirements in all elements.
- Extension must be evident throughout.
- Toes and feet must be pointed.
- Effective and smooth sculling.
- All figures should be stable and controlled.