Figure Grade 5January 9, 2017
The England Synchro Figure Grade 5 focuses on 15 – 18 years age group figures in synchronised swimming.
Swimmers will be required to perform 10 elements to judges. Each grade has three levels (gold, silver and bronze) so all athletes have the ability to perfect their figures before moving to the next grade.
To view full descriptions of synchronised swimming basic positions (BP), basic movements (BM) and figures (Fig), download the FINA Figures and Required Elements document on the right of this page.
10 Elements to Synchro Figure Grade 5
- Barracuda airborne split (Fig 308 DD 2.8)
- Porpoise twist spin (Fig 355g DD 2.6)
- Aurora twirl (Fig 330c DD3.0)
- London (Fig 154 DD 2.8)
- Manta ray (Fig 142 DD 2.8)
- Butterfly (Fig 343 DD 2.9)
- Ibis continuous spin (720 degrees) (Fig 112f DD2.8)
- Jupiter (Fig 325 DD 2.8)
- Vertical continuous spin (three spins)
- Split position on land – right leg and left leg. Both legs must be attempted.
Click here to download a judging guide for the England Synchro Figure Grade 5 where you can read more details about each element.