About Swim England Artistic Swimming National Age Group Championships 2023July 1, 2019
The Swim England Artistic Swimming National Age Group Championships is the premiere competition for young artistic swimmers in England.
Artistic Swimming National Age Group Championships 2023
When: 25 – 26 March 2023
Venue: GL1, Gloucester, Bruton Way, Gloucester, England, GL1 1DT
Competitors: visit Competitor Information page for full competition information, including how to enter
Social: follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest updates about the event and join the conversation
Volunteering: To volunteer at future events email email@example.com.
What can I expect from the Artistic Swimming National Age Group Championships?
The National Age Group Championships are a festive feast of artistic swimming, with the largest number of competitors of any domestic artistic event.
There are four types of competition at the National Age Group Championships:
- All athletes will begin the competition by completing four Figures which increase in difficulty for each age group. The total of the figures scores for each age group are added to the respective routine scores.
- The top 12 highest scoring athletes in each figure age group go forward to compete in the Solo Competition, where the athletes perform on their own to their chosen music.
- The Duet competition is open to the top 12 placed pairs, whilst the Mixed Duet competition is open to all athletes but pairs must consist of two swimmers from the same club for both competitions.
- The Team competition features between four and eight swimmers and is open to all entered teams.
The top athletes will often aim for the ‘clean sweep’ of golds over Solo, Duet and Team for their age group.
What is the format of the competition?
While there are time limits on the solo, duet and team routines, there are no required elements which swimmers must perform.
Routines are marked by three panels of judges who assess Execution (the design, height and accuracy of the move) Artistic Impression (the choreography, music interpretation, memorable and unique moments) and Difficulty (the level of complexity within the routine).
The final rankings are based on the total routine scores added to the total average of the figure scores from their respective duet or team.
- 2023 Championship Results can be downloaded here: 2023 results
- Read the 2023 reports here: National Age Group Championships 2023 News