Figure Grade 4January 9, 2018
The England Artistic Swimming Figure Grade 4 focuses on 13 – 15 years age group figures in artistic swimming.
Swimmers will be required to perform 13 elements to judges. Each grade has three levels (gold, silver and bronze) so all athletes have the ability to perfect their figures before moving to the next grade.
To view full descriptions of artistic swimming basic positions (BP), basic movements (BM) and figures (Fig), download the FINA Figures and Required Elements document on the right of this page.
13 Elements to Artistic Swimming Figure Grade 4
- Flamingo Bent Knee, Twist spin (Fig 140g DD 2.9)
- Cyclone, Open 180 (Fig 437 DD 2.6)
- Barracuda Airbourne split spin up 180 (Fig 308h DD 2.9)
- Swordfish straight leg Ariana rotation (Fig 407 DD 2.6)
- Whip Continuous Spin 720 (Fig 356f. DD 3.0)
- Saturn (Fig 441 DD 2.5)
- Venus (Fig 352. DD 3.0)
- Albatross Spin up 360 (Fig 240i. DD 2.5)
- Rio Straight Leg (Fig 144 DD3.1)
- Walkover Back Closing 360 (Fig 421 DD 2.4)
- Ipanema Spinning 180 (Fig 440d DD 3.1)
- Kip Combined Spin (Fig 311j DD 2.4)
- Split position on land – right leg and left leg. Both legs must be attempted.
Click here to download a judging guide for the England Artistic Swimming Figure Grade 4 where you can read more details about each element.
Swimmers should remember these four mandatory requirements in all elements.
- Extension must be evident throughout.
- Toes and feet must be pointed.
- Effective and smooth sculling.
- All figures should be stable and controlled.