Figure Grade 5January 9, 2018
The England Artistic Swimming Figure Grade 5 focuses on the Technical Required Elements in artistic swimming.
Swimmers will be required to perform 10 elements to judges. Each grade has three levels (gold, silver and bronze) so all athletes have the ability to perfect their figures before moving to the next grade.
To view full descriptions of artistic swimming basic positions (BP), basic movements (BM) and figures (Fig), download the FINA Figures and Required Elements document on the right of this page.
10 Elements to Artistic Swimming Figure Grade 5
- Team Element 1B – Flying fish hybrid DD 2.3
- Team element 2B – vertical – half twist to bent knee – half twist to vertical – split – walk out DD 2.3 3.
- Team Element 3B – Two Fouette Rotations – vertical spinning 360 DD 2.3
- Team element 4 – Butterfly hybrid DD 2.9
- Team element 5B – Rocket Split Bent knee Hybrid DD 2.1
- Duet Element 1B – Walk over back closing 180 – Continuous spin DD 2.5
- Duet Element 3B – Flamingo half twist hybrid DD 2.6
- Duet Element 4B – Fishtail – Knight – Continuous spin 720 DD 2.7
- Solo Element 2B – Combined spin 720 – continuous spin 1080 DD 2.7
- Split position on land – right leg and left leg. Both legs must be attempted.
Click here to download a judging guide for the England Artistic Swimming Figure Grade 5 where you can read more details about each element.
Artistic Swimming Figure Grade 5 Video Demonstrations
Watch the clips below for video demonstrations of each of the 10 elements for Figure Grade 5.
Swimmers should remember these four mandatory requirements in all elements.
- Extension must be evident throughout.
- Toes and feet must be pointed.
- Effective and smooth sculling.
- All figures should be stable and controlled.