Swim England Artistic Swimming

The home of artistic swimming in England

Clubs invited to apply for a TRY Synchro grant

News and Blogs

Swim England is welcoming applications from clubs looking to join the TRY Synchro programme, which seeks to increase participation numbers within synchronised swimming.

Funding of up to £1400 is available to clubs who join the programme (£700 per 10-week block), allowing them to add equipment resources, pay for coaching fees or hire greater pool space.

The learn to synchro sessions – aimed at primary age participants – are fun and engaging, developing basic synchro skills before swimmers enter the novice section of the club.

TRY Synchro has been successful in linking clubs with local operators, swim schools and swimming clubs, to create a pathway from Learn to Swim programmes to synchronised swimming.

80% of the funding for the grants is released when the project commences, with the remaining 20% provided at the end of the project.

Clubs must show evidence of a link with local partners or groups when applying, and all projects should be completed by December 2019.

Many clubs are only using the deep end of their pool space and this programme offers the opportunity to maximise their membership without having to increase their pool time.

Kingston Synchro took part in the programme in 2018 and believe TRY Synchro gave them a significant boost.

“Our club was at serious risk of closing before we were offered the support and funding of Swim England,” the club said.

“We can’t thank them enough, our membership is thriving.

“We have 70 swimmers in the club and another 50 on a waiting list, which is just amazing.”

The deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 3 June.

Download an application form here, and return the completed form to Sarah Darragh, National Development Officer – Synchro, at sarah.darragh@swimming.org.