If you want to become a swimming teacher and enjoy an active and rewarding role with Brio Leisure, based in Cheshire, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Apply now to start your journey to becoming a swimming teacher!
The academy allows aspiring teachers to receive all their training for only £79, compared to the usual cost of over £1,000. It includes mentoring to support your development, and you’ll be matched with an employer.
Successful applicants will complete their SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) and Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualifications and be supported through their training journey with Institute of Swimming Membership which includes over £100 worth of free e-learning. To help them develop, trainees will spend some time volunteering and get support from a mentor to ensure they have the necessary experience for the role and are ready to hit the poolside well equipped to teach.
Teaching swimming is an active and rewarding role. Work hours are generally part-time and there are a variety of working hours available across weekdays and weekends. For these roles, there may be an opportunity to work across the following leisure centres;
- Christleton Sports Centre, Plough Lane, Christleton, Chester, CH3 7AS
- Ellesmere Port Sports Village, Stanney Lane, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH65 9LB
- Northgate Arena, Victoria Road, Chester, CH2 2AU
- Northwich Memorial Court, Chesterway, Northwich, CW9 5QJ
- Winsford Lifestyle Centre, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AD
Once qualified successful trainees will be employed as paid swimming teachers by Brio Leisure on a casual or part-time basis.
Applications close on 2nd November 2020.
You don’t need any prior qualifications to apply as you will be supported through your training. We are accepting applications from those who are halfway through their swimming teacher training or already have their level 1 or 2 qualifications.
We are looking to train up successful candidates ready to start their paid roles as a swimming teacher in the new year. This means that the training schedule is intense so please make sure you are available on the following dates and have time to commit to the training.
9th November, 18:00 – 19:30
- Zoom Webinar with your tutor to kick-start your studies.
9th to 16th November
- You will have approximately 10 hours worth of e-learning to complete for the theory elements of your SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) and SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming training. The specialist e-learning is split into bite-sized pieces, so you don’t have to do it all in one go. This means you can work through the course online at home, at your own pace.
- To gain practical experience, you will spend approximately 5 hours over a couple of sessions at one of the pools listed above. During this time you will observe some swimming lessons and take part as a volunteer, assisting the swimming teacher.
16th, 18th and 20th November, 18:00 – 21:00
- You will have three virtual classrooms with your tutor which will take place over Zoom Webinars. Here you will go over some more of the course topics including lesson plans, overviews, and the four swimming strokes.
16th to 30th November
- In between your webinars, there will be some additional learning to do online which will contribute towards your SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification.
30th November, 2nd and 4th December, 18:00 – 21:00
- You will have another three virtual classrooms with your tutor which will take place over Zoom Webinars. Here you will go over practical skills and lesson logistics ahead of your practical pool-based sessions and assessment.
5th, 6th, 12th and 13th December, 08:00 – 13:00, Ellesmere Port Sports Village or Northwich Memorial Court
- These are your pool based sessions where you will deliver swimming lessons across a variety of Swim England Learn to Swim Stages. Your tutor will give you feedback throughout so you can develop and complete your practical assessment.
5th to 18th December
- Once you have completed your swimming lessons, you will need to evaluate your performance online ahead of a one to one feedback session with your tutor. The evaluation will take roughly 3 hours.
- Your tutor will give you a 1 hr slot for your individual feedback session which will be completed over Zoom Webinars.
If you have any questions before applying you can contact us at email@example.com.