This is the application stage for the Swim England Senior Swimming Coach programme 2019.
The annual programme develops the skills to plan, deliver and evaluate long-term competitive coaching programmes. As a senior coach you will be able to lead a coaching team and manage resources to support all areas of a swimming club or squad programme.
The programme will allow you to:
In order to achieve this certificate, you will be expected to complete a series of assessment tasks to ensure that effective development has taken place.
Who is the course designed for?
Swim England Level 2 Swimming Coaches leading a squad of swimmers throughout their programme and working with swimmers who are competing at regional level or above. Please see the prerequisites below.
This year-long course is delivered through a mixture of learning days, online activities, and practical poolside sessions. You will be assigned a mentor who will guide you throughout the year-long programme.
The induction and learning days for this year’s programme are based at Loughborough University on:
Before applying to the programme, please make sure you can attend all four days. The full programme cost is £2100.
Applications are open from 10th June and need to be submitted by the 4th August 2019. There are a small number of places on the programme and shortlisting will take place after 4th August.
To apply you will need to complete an online workbook where you will need to upload your pre-requisite evidence. You will have access to this workspace within 48 hours of starting your application.
Before starting your application please make sure you meet the following:
Please do not apply if you cannot guarantee the appropriate coaching environment. Background checks will be completed as part of the screening process. If you are not able to access the right environment, you will not be eligible to undertake the programme.
Start10th June 2019
End4th August 2019
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
You must have one of the following qualifications:
- Before starting your application please make sure you meet the following pre-requisite criteria:
- Be at least 19 years of age at the start of the course.
- Hold a Swim England Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Swimming or Swim England Coach Certificate and have over 12 months experience as a qualified swimming coach.
- Be coaching at a SwimMark accredited club - Those who are not but meet all other criteria may be considered but further information will be requested on application.
- Currently coaching for at least 10 hours per week, spanning a minimum of 5 sessions, with the same group of swimmers.
- Be the lead coach for a squad of swimmers throughout the programme duration and working with swimmers who are competing at regional level or above – You will need to provide evidence that you have coached at least five swimmers to regional championships in 2019 and evidence of 2020 regional qualifiers (coaches are able to use qualifying swimmers for 2020 and evidence that they have coached and continue to coach at this level for the duration of the programme).
- Commit to attending the induction day and all 3 learning days, as well as completing the programme within 12 months.
- Be listed on the Swim England teaching and coaching register and hold a valid safeguarding training certificate.
Course times are subject to change. These will be confirmed nearer to the course start date.
This qualification is delivered and assessed in English.
Bookings must be made through the account of the individuals attending the training.