This course builds on the Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach certificate, developing your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent swimming coach.
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete the theoretical elements of the course online through interactive activities and checks on learning, prior to the practical workshops. The online learning and completion of assessments should take you are approximately 20-25 hours to complete.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach certificate who wants to become an independent coach.
The course is delivered through a mixture of online learning, classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six training sessions, coaching swimmers at county standard and above, to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
Start4th July 2020
End4th July 2020
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
You must have one of the following qualifications:
ASA Level 1 Coaching Swimming or equivalent post 1994
If you are unsure if your qualification meets the pre-requisites, please check with the Institute of Swimming on 01509 640640
- to have been coaching in the last 3 months on a regular basis
- to be linked to a swimming club with access to 3 sessions per week for off course assessment
- to have access to swimmers that sit within 2 different stages of the ADSP (Athlete Development Support Pathway) i.e training to train and above over the course of a 6 week mesocycle
- to work with a coaching assistant
- to have knowledge and experience of current coaching best practices
Practical, Workbook, Post Course Assignment
Course times are subject to change. These will be confirmed nearer to the course start date. These will be confirmed nearer to the course start date. Learners must attend all of the sessions listed, unless you are advised otherwise by your course tutor.
This qualification is delivered and assessed in English.
You have 12 months from the start date of the course to complete this full qualification.