Tips and advice on offer to open water coaches at East Region development dayFebruary 4, 2020
Places can now be booked on an Open Water Coach Development Day.
Speakers from Swim England and British Swimming will be attending the event, which has been organised by the East Region.
It will take place on Saturday 29 February at Hertfordshire Sports Village, Hatfield, between 9.15am and 4.45pm.
The speakers on the day include:
- Mike Parker, Swim England National Talent Officer, Open Water, who will discuss the Swim England Open Water Pathway and opportunities
- Sharon Lock, Swim England National Masters and Open Water Development Officer, on the open water swimmers’ extended journey
- Bernie Dietzig, British Swimming Marathon Lead, talking about the demands of marathon swimming
- Jacquie Marshall, Director of Coaching at Northampton SC, who will discuss the implementation and development of open water swimming in the daily training environment
- Jasmine Campbell, Swim England Talent Sports Nutritionist, on the fuelling and re-fuelling demands for open water and distance swimming.
The cost is £25 per person and are available on a first come, first served basis to members of Swim England East Region affiliated clubs on receipt of a completed booking form and payment.
Other coaches who are interested in attending should email email@example.com to be added to a waiting list.
They will then be contacted if there are any remaining places available after the booking deadline of Friday 21 February.
Sharon said: “We’re looking forward to hosting as many open water coaches as we can at the Hertfordshire Sports Village.
“It’s a great opportunity to pick up some fantastic tips and advice and also ask our panel of speakers any questions you may have about our fantastic sport.”