Do you swim at a venue that would be perfect for Swimathon?May 1, 2019
The Open Water Swimathon is back for a third year in 2019 – and is looking for new host venues.
It has grown to become a nationwide event, with more than 1,000 participants taking part at 20 venues throughout the country in 2018.
This year’s Open Water Swimathon will take place on 7 and 8 September and participants will be able to sign up for a range of individual (500m, 1.5k, 2.5k, 5k) or team challenges (1.5k or 5k).
It is perfect for both experienced open water swimmers and those transferring from the pool to the open water for the first time.
In order to continue to grow the event, organisers are now looking for more venues to host sessions.
- Be able to host a three-hour session over the weekend (7 and 8 September)
- Host challenges ranging from 500m to 5k
- The venue will be a third-party delivered event so you will be in charge of delivering the event at your venue. However, the Open Water Swimathon team will manage all registrations and marketing as well as providing key event materials and guidance to support the delivery
- Provide key health and safety documents to be reviewed by Sh2out
What are the benefits for your venue?
- Introduction to new swimmers and increased footfall at your venue
- OWS branded kit including swim buoys
- Promotion to the Swimathon database
- SH₂OUT safety audit and accreditation subsidies
– Reduced price of £250 for new venues (usual price £450)
– Reduced renewal charge of £150 for existing SH₂OUT accredited venues (usual price £300)
- £300 contribution towards health and safety costs
- Access to some SH₂OUT benefits e.g. reduced cost water quality testing
To register as a venue click here.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more, please contact the Swimathon team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0845 36 700 36.