Figure Grade 4January 9, 2018
The England Synchro Figure Grade 4 focuses on 13 – 15 years age group figures in synchronised swimming.
Swimmers will be required to perform 10 elements to judges. Each grade has three levels (gold, silver and bronze) so all athletes have the ability to perfect their figures before moving to the next grade.
To view full descriptions of synchronised swimming basic positions (BP), basic movements (BM) and figures (Fig), download the FINA Figures and Required Elements document on the right of this page.
10 Elements to Synchro Figure Grade 4
- Ariana (Fig 423 DD 2.2)
- Rio (Fig 143 DD 3.1)
- Jupiter (Fig 351 DD 2.8)
- Oceanea (Fig 437 DD 2.1)
- Albatross Half twist (Fig 240ah DD 2.2)
- Sword Tail (Fig 403 DD 2.3)
- Porpoise continuous spin 720 (Fig 355f DD 2.1)
- Seagull (Fig 315 DD 2.1)
- Vertical Continuous Spin 720
- Split position on land – right leg and left leg. Both legs must be attempted.
Click here to download a judging guide for the England Synchro Figure Grade 4 where you can read more details about each element.
Synchro Figure Grade 4 Video Demonstrations
Watch the clips below for video demonstrations of each of the 10 elements for Figure Grade 4.
Swimmers should remember these four mandatory requirements in all elements.
- Extension must be evident throughout.
- Toes and feet must be pointed.
- Effective and smooth sculling.
- All figures should be stable and controlled.