Swim England Swimming Coach Certificate29/11/2016
You gain the Swim England Swimming Coach certificate through a practical course that develops your knowledge, skills and abilities. You take this course ahead of becoming an independent swimming coach.
- Level: Intermediate
- Duration: 8-10 days
- Training Format: Face to Face, Blended Learning
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you can complete theory elements of the course online through a virtual pool environment and interactive videos prior to the practical workshops.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone wishing to become an independent coach.
This course builds on the Swimming Assistant (Coaching) certificate and is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities, discussions and practical poolside learning. It covers the knowledge required including:
- Roles and responsibilities of a Swimming Coach
- Understand the legal requirements of coaching swimming
- Impact of the Athlete Development Support Pathway in competitive swimming
- Physical literacy in swimming
- Scientific principles of competitive swimming
- Competitive swimming skills
- Types of training used to develop swimmers
- Planning, delivery and evaluation of a series of sessions
- Effective management in training and competition
- Communication skills within the swimming coaching environment
- Motivational techniques
- Developing swimming skills and competitive swimming strokes
- Evaluating swimmer progress
- Reflecting and evaluating on own performance
- Planning for professional development
Find a course near you
Use Find Training below to find the next course near you. Results will appear on the IOS Bookings website.
You must be at least 16 years of age and be an ASA Swimming Assistant (Coaching) or equivalent.