Swim England Synchronised Swimming Coach Certificate21/11/2016
The Swim England Synchronised Swimming Coach course is practical. It develops your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent Synchronised Swimming coach.
- Level: Intermediate
- Duration: 8-10 days
- Training Format: Face to Face, Blended Learning
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you can complete theory elements of the course online through a virtual pool environment and interactive videos prior to the practical workshops.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone wishing to become an independent Synchronised Swimming coach.
The Swim England Synchronised Swimming Coach course gives coaches the skills needed to effectively and independently plan, prepare, deliver, monitor and evaluate a series of Synchronised Swimming training sessions.
On successful completion of this qualification you will understand:
- Legal requirements of coaching Synchronised Swimming
- Responsibilities of a Synchronised Swimming Coach
- Coaches role in promoting Synchronised Swimming
- Nutrition and hydration for athletes
- Bio-mechanical principles in Synchronised Swimming
- Key physical and mental qualities of a skilled athlete
- Planning for coaching Synchronised Swimming
- How to coach Synchronised Swimming sessions
- Session management skills
- Communication skills within the coaching environment
- Coaching methods to meet athlete needs
- How to develop technique
- Motivational skills
- How to support athletes and Synchronised Swimming Assistants
- Evaluating your own performance
- Planning for professional development
Find a course near you
Use the widget below to find the next course near you. Results will appear on the IOS Bookings website.
You must be at least 18 years of age and have gained the Swim England Synchronised Swimming Assistant (Coaching) or equivalent.