Club CaptainApril 1, 2019
The swimming club captain provides a central point of contact and is the vital link for athletes within the club.
Who we are looking for?
- You will be enthusiastic with a good knowledge of the club and athletes.
- You will be approachable and friendly.
- You will have the ability to seek and represent the views of others.
- You will be an excellent communicator with good verbal, written and IT skills.
- You will be a good listener.
What do we and the club expect from a club captain?
- To be a point of contact for athletes to express any questions or feedback, communicating with fellow team members and provide support and advice where needed.
- To provide a voice for athletes at the club and raise any issues to the committee when necessary.
- To be a positive role model for all members of the club.
- To encourage club members to be involved in social and voluntary activities.
- To welcome new members to the club.
Level of commitment required
This will vary from club to club. Discuss with your club what they expect from you in terms of other duties before taking on the role to ensure you are able to fully commit.
What support can you expect from Swim England?
- Access to resources and guidance via the ‘Club Hub’.
What will you gain from the experience?
This is a central, people-orientated role which success and impact on the club will be determined by your own motivations and enthusiasms.
As well as your ability to be a positive role model for club members, it is an opportunity to take on a new challenge and engage, and provide a voice for, athletes in your club.