Club Fixtures/Competitions SecretaryApril 1, 2019
The club fixtures/competitions secretary is responsible for the development and management the clubs competitions calendar.
What we are looking for?
- You will be enthusiastic with a good knowledge of the club and people within it.
- You will have a passion for the sport and a good knowledge of the club, county, regional and national competition structure.
- You will be an excellent communicator with good verbal, written and IT skills.
- You will have excellent organisational skills including calendar management.
What do we and the club expect from a club fixtures/competitions secretary?
- To develop and manage the clubs competitions calendar, working with the committee to agree on all upcoming fixtures.
- To manage the delivery of all competitions hosted and attended by the club, including communications with relevant competition organisers and clubs involved.
- Liaison with the club treasurer to provide accurate financial information including fees and expenses.
- To maintain up-to-date contact details of all qualified technical officials in the club.
Level of commitment required
This will vary depending on the size of the club, but will include attendance at club meetings, and ongoing competition responsibilities.
What support can you expect from Swim England?
- Access to resources and guidance via the ‘Club Hub’.
- Direct contact with and support from the England Talent teams
What will you gain from the experience?
This is an exciting and engaging role which success and impact on the club will be determined by your own motivations and enthusiasms.
As well as your ability to develop and manage the clubs competition calendar, it is an opportunity to take on a new challenge and support the success and achievements of the club and its members.