Club TreasurerApril 1, 2019
The club treasurer is responsible for producing and managing the club’s accounts and finances and will oversee all income and expenditure for the club.
What we are looking for?
- You will be enthusiastic with a good knowledge of managing finances.
- You will have a financial background and good knowledge of managing and producing accounts.
- You will have a knowledge of using and producing accounting spreadsheets or other accounting systems.
- You will be reliable and honest.
- You will have a knowledge of various banking systems such as direct debit.
What do we and the club expect from a club treasurer?
- To be responsible for all club finances by ensuring adequate accounts and records exist, and that all funds are used appropriately and banked promptly.
- To plan the annual budget in agreement with the club committee and to monitor throughout the year.
- To prepare end-of-year accounts and present to the auditor, management committee and AGM.
- To plan floats with members who would need to collect or pay out cash and make them aware of procedures.
- To be responsible for maintaining records of any wages/salaries paid and for meeting the requirements of HMRC.
Level of commitment required
This will vary depending on the size of the club, but will include attendance at club meetings, and ongoing budget and financial responsibilities.
What support can you expect from Swim England?
- Access to resources and guidance via the ‘Club Hub’.
- Direct contact with and support from the Swim England Club Development Officers.
What will you gain from the experience?
This is an integral, detail-orientated role which success and impact on the club will be determined by your own integrity and enthusiasm.
As well as your ability to contribute to the management and governance of the club, it is an opportunity to take on a new challenge and facilitate the growth and development the clubs finances.