Marketing and Press OfficerApril 1, 2019
The marketing and press officer leads and promotes club activities, ideally to increase membership, increase income and/or raise the profile of the club within the community.
Who we are looking for?
- You will be enthusiastic with a good knowledge of and interest in the club’s activities.
- You will be an excellent communicator, with good verbal, written and IT skills.
- You will have good organisational skills.
- You will have experience and/or an interest in marketing and promotions.
- You will be computer literate and have a good understanding of social media and web design/development.
What do we and the club expect from a marketing and press officer?
- To develop a marketing and promotions plan for the club in association with the club’s strategic plan.
- To develop, maintain and update the club notice board, website and social media accounts.
- To promote and publicise all aspects of the club in a positive and equitable way through the production of informative newsletters, website updates and regular media releases.
- To report on club events and the achievements of club members, both internally and externally.
- To assist in promoting non-swimming social events for the relevant members of the club as requested/approved by the management committee.
- To establish links with the local media, local schools and pool providers.
Level of commitment required
This will vary from club to club, but in general will include ongoing weekly responsibilities ranging from 1 to 2 hours, particularly in reference to liaising with local media.
What support can you expect from Swim England?
- Access to resources and guidance via the ‘Club Hub’.
- Direct contact with and support from the Swim England Club Development Officers.
What will you gain from the experience?
This is an exciting and fundamental role which success and impact on the club will be determined by your own motivations and enthusiasms.
As well as your ability to develop marketing material to promote the clubs activities, it is an opportunity to take on a new challenge and raise the profile of the club and its athletes.