Exciting opportunities within Swim England’s Diving Leadership GroupOctober 19, 2022
Swim England’s Diving Leadership Group are on the hunt to fill two roles within its team to help further develop and drive forward the sport.
The vacancies for both the competitions lead and the coaching lead are both voluntary and are currently being recruited for.
The Diving Leadership Group is part of the Swim England Governance Structure and is responsible for the strategic development of the sport across the country.
Lottie Thompson, the Diving Leadership Group’s chairperson, says it’s these are crucial roles.
She said: “Coming off the back of topping the medal table at the Commonwealth Games, it’s an exciting time to be involved in diving and we’re looking for two enthusiastic people who are passionate about the sport to join our team.
“There are many exciting opportunities in diving and these roles are both crucial parts of our leadership group as we look to prepare our athletes as best as we can as we continue on the road to Paris 2024 and beyond.
“Our sport is underpinned by a network of volunteers fulfilling a wide range of roles at club, regional and national level and everything that they do, big or small, helps keep the sport going.”
As competitions lead, the successful candidate will act as an informed voice in relation to the delivery of national events, providing input and advice to the Swim England events team.
They will also support the delivery of both the regional and county competitions calendar to help maximise the competitive opportunities for all participants.
Key responsibilities for the competitions lead include:
- Main point of contact for the Swim England events team.
- To provide key updates and discipline specific information relevant to the Swim England events team in a timely manner to support effective planning and delivery of an event.
- To consult with the group and the Swim England events team on the competitions calendar development including dates and venue selection.
- To provide the Swim England events team with all competition specific information, including, but not limited to, event conditions, qualification times and draft schedule.
- To agree and communicate the appointment of meet directors or equivalent role based on the relevant criteria on behalf of the leadership group in line with the group’s selection
You can find out more about this role and apply here.
The coaching lead will be the voice in relation to the coaching delivery of the discipline, providing input and advice on the implementation of rules and supporting the delivery of coach education.
They will support the planning and delivery of coaches’ training and will give both mentoring and development support to meet the needs of the sport.
Some of the main responsibilities for the coaching lead include:
- Provide coaching input to the decisions of the group to ensure that Swim England delivers appropriate education to the coaching community.
- Provide support and advice to the sport development directorate as appropriate and required, in relation to coach recruitment and development, helping to implement the policies and strategies agreed by the group whilst respecting executive responsibility.
- Work to ensure the relationship between the discipline leadership group, the coaching community, the Sport Operations Committee, Swim England employees and volunteers is efficient and functional.
- Support effective communication between the group, Swim England and the coaching community.
You can apply for this role here with both positions having a deadline of Tuesday 1 November.
If you have any queries, please contact the Diving Group via email@example.com.