Diploma in Sporting Excellence (DiSE) - DivingJune 11, 2021
The Diploma in Sporting Excellence (DiSE) is a unique and industry-leading programme delivered by Swim England in conjunction with Loughborough College.
This government-funded programme is fully integrated into all Swim England talent pathways and offers the perfect environment for athletes to harmoniously combine their sport and education.
The 2021 programme spans over two years, with each athlete being allocated an experienced Swim England DiSE Assesor who will be there to support the individual every step of the way. It is specially designed to run alongside, and complement, the athletes chosen further education, A Levels or a BTEC qualification, as well as their clubs training programme.
Delivery of the programme is done via workshops, camps, and club visits and is managed by the Swim England talent team, specialist practitioners and coaches.
The DiSE programme is tailored to the athletes and their respective disciplines, offering them the key knowledge and skills necessary in order to become a high-performance international athlete.
In addition, the DiSE programme will equip the participants with the relevant expertise and capabilities in order to have a successful senior career/post-diving career.
Topics such as lifestyle, nutrition, mental health, psychology, behaviour, and safety are some of the key components within the DiSE syllabus, as well as more practical elements such as career, finance, injuries, anti-doping and media training.
Each of the elements within the DiSE syllabus has been specifically designed to cover each and every facet of high-performance sport and will equip the athletes with the necessary tools to balance their sport and academia.
Past alumni of athletes to obtain the DiSE qualification include:
- Tom Daley – Olympic Bronze Medallist
- Matty Lee – World Silver Medallist
- Katherine Torrance – Commonwealth Medallist
- Noah Williams – European Medallist
- Scarlett Mew-Jensen – Grand Prix Medallist
- Phoebe Banks – Grand Prix and European Gold Medallist
- Emily Martin – Grand Prix Gold Medallist
- Born between the 1 September 2004 – 31 August 2005.
- Enrolling on to a state funded study programme (or Independent school only if in receipt of at least 50 per cent fee remission).
- Member of an English club, reside in England and eligible to represent either England, Scotland or Wales.
- Meet the sport specific performance criteria.
View the latest details and swimmer selection policies in the library below.
Diploma in Sporting Excellence (DiSE)
How to apply
If you would like to apply for the DiSE Programme, click on the link below. Deadline is 12 July 2021.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07929 835 101.