‘Exciting opportunity’ to help drive recruitment of diving volunteersOctober 21, 2021
Swim England’s Diving Leadership Group is on the hunt for an ‘informed voice’ to help drive the recruitment of volunteers to the sport.
The role has been created as part of the leadership group’s continued commitment to developing diving for its clubs and members.
The successful candidate will hold the title of volunteering lead and provide input and advice on the volunteering priorities for diving, directly influencing the delivery to clubs across the country.
Key responsibilities for the voluntary role include:
- Providing informed input to the decisions of the Group to ensure that Swim England is developing and supporting the needs of volunteers and the discipline.
- Providing advice and feedback on specific volunteering initiatives for the discipline.
- Providing support and advice to the Development Team in relation to community needs helping to implement programmes, policies and strategies agreed by the group whilst respecting the corporate responsibility of Swim England.
- Working to ensure the relationship between the Discipline Leadership Group, the volunteering community, the Sport Operations Committee, Swim England employees is efficient and functional.
- Working with the Development Team, ensure effective communication between Swim England, the group and the discipline community.
Lottie Thompson, the Diving Leadership Group’s chairperson, said: “We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about the sport and keen to help promote the variety of volunteering opportunities and roles within diving.
“We’re reliant on people giving up their spare time to help out with clubs and events and so this a crucial role on the leadership group.
“There are many exciting opportunities in diving and we want to push forward with our development.
“It’s also an exciting time to be involved with diving, especially with the return of events and the Commonwealth Games on the horizon.”
The Diving Leadership Group is part of the Swim England Governance Structure and is responsible for the strategic development of the sport across England – and a full set of Terms of Reference is available.
To apply for the role, please visit the join our team on the Careers in Aquatics website before the closing date of Saturday 6 November.
If you have any queries, please contact the Diving Group via firstname.lastname@example.org.