Young divers set for test on world stageNovember 28, 2018
A team of eight young Swim England divers will be given a test on the international stage when they compete in Canada.
They will be taking part in the CAMO Invitational 2018, at the Claude Robillard Sports Center, Montreal, between Thursday 29 November and Sunday 2 December.
The squad is made up of divers who were all selected for Swim England Team Y following an assessment camp in September.
The Swim England team is:
- Desharne Bent-Ashmeil (Crystal Palace) Girls B 1m and 3m
- Leon Baker (Southampton) Boys B 1m, 3m and Platform
- Nathan Bull (Southampton) Boys B 1m and 3m
- Jenna Davison (Sheffield) Girls C 1m, 3m and Platform
- Richelle Houlden (Sheffield) Girls B 1m and 3m
- Jack Jefford (Crystal Palace) Boys B 1m, 3m and Platform
- Evie Smith (Crystal Palace) Girls B 1m and 3m
- Andrea Spendolini-Sirieix (Crystal Palace) Girls B 1m, 3m and Platform
Suzie Collins, Swim England’s talent development officer for diving, said the event would be the a great chance for Team Y to gain valuable experience.
She added: “After a fantastic event in 2017, the decision to attend the CAMO Invitational 2018 was very easy.
“This event provides our young athletes with a fantastic opportunity to test themselves on a world stage.
“The experience they will gain gives them a great insight into international competition and will prepare them for future international events such as Junior Europeans and Junior worlds.”
Further details about the competition are available on the Camo Invitational 2018 Facebook page.