England squads revealed for EU Nations Junior Men’s and Women’s tournamentsSeptember 24, 2021
Swim England has announced the squads which will compete at the rearranged 2020 EU Nations Junior Men’s and Women’s Water Polo Tournament.
England’s women will be in action in Brno, Czech Republic from Friday 8 to Saturday 10 October.
The junior men’s team compete in the competition from Friday 29 to Saturday 31 October.
Austria, hosts Czech Republic, Lithuania, South Africa and Slovakia will be England’s opponents in the women’s tournament.
They open up their campaign with matches against Slovakia and Lithuania on 8 October before taking on Czech Republic and South Africa the following day.
A clash with Austria on the final day of the competition completes the programme for the team.
The full details for the junior men’s event has yet to be published.
Twelve of the women’s squad will be representing England for the first time, while the whole of the junior men’s team are set to make their first appearance for their country.
Toby King, chair of the Swim England Water Polo Leadership Group, said: “Congratulations to everyone who has been selected.
“Being picked to represent your country is a huge honour and I know everyone will be out to perform to the very best of their ability and make us proud.
“Good luck to both teams. We look forward to cheering them on and hope they enjoy the experience of competing on the international stage.”
The England squad for the 2020 EU Nations Junior Women’s Water Polo Tournament
Friday 8 to Sunday 10 October, Brno, Czech Republic
- Isabella Balzaretti (Coventry)
- Lucy Bullock (Otter)
- Amélie Cornell (City of Liverpool)
- Philippa Danielson (Croydon Amphibians / Otter)
- Harriet Dickens (City of Manchester)
- Jade Harper (Hucknall)
- Juliet Lyons (Croydon Amphibians / Otter)
- Emily Mason (Cheltenham)
- Sabrina Radzik-Rahman (Watford Water Polo Club)
- Isobelle Robb (Tyldesley)
- Lily Ross (Cheltenham)
- Ruby Rosser (Worthing)
- Laura-jean Skelton (Rotherham Metro Waterpolo Club / Sheffield)
- Nyah Tomlinson (Taunton / Exeter)
- Lottie Winstanley (Watford Water Polo Club)
- Head coach: Simon Tomlinson
- Assistant coach: Katy Cutler
- Team manager: Vicky Dickens
The England squad for the 2020 EU Nations Junior Men’s Water Polo Tournament
Friday 29 to Sunday 31 October, Brno, Czech Republic
- Ben Alderson (Sedgefield & Rotherham Metro)
- George Barnicle (Devonport)
- James Coleman (Devonport)
- Tom Davis (Bridgefield)
- Cayden Down (Boldmere)
- Aaron Downer (Cheltenham S&WPC)
- Zack Downer (Cheltenham S&WPC)
- Lewis Glennon (Northampton School Boys)
- Ryan Jay Griffiths (Sedgefield)
- Sam Handley (Cheltenham S&WPC)
- Henry Jackson (Rotherham Metro)
- Ryan James (Wellington)
- Dan Moos (Ipswich)
- Arish Patel (Watford)
- Will Thompson (Bristol)
- Head coach: John Spicer
- Assistant coach: Trevor Down
- Team manager: James Jackson