England U17s boys water polo squad announced for EU Nations clashMarch 30, 2019
The England U17s boys squad for the EU Nations Junior Men’s Water Polo tournament has been announced.
The tournament will take place in Brno, Czech Republic between April 17-21.
Andy Fuller, Swim England water polo development manager, said: “I am delighted for the athletes who have been selected.
“We have a real strength in depth which I am sure will stand us in good stead for the event.
“I would also like to thank the coaching and management staff for their dedication to the programme.”
The Boys’ U17 team will be aiming to emulate the success of the U17 girls who won a bronze medal at their EU Nations tournament between 22-24 March
They beat Wales, Czech Republic II and Denmark to reach the semi-finals but were then defeated 9-5 by Germany.
They won the bronze after beating Denmark for the second time in the tournament when the sides faced each other in the third-fourth play-off match.
Now the boys will be hoping to take home medals of their own come 21 April.
England U17 EU Nations Boys squad
- Callum Fookes (City of Manchester)
- Ben Urquohart (Sheffield)
- Adam Lecomber (Watford)
- Harry Dunkerley (Tyldesley)
- Marcus Woods (Bridgefield)
- Oliver Vodden (Rotherham Metro)
- Matt Collier (Sheffield)
- Seb Thompson (City of Manchester)
- Harry Bentham (City of Manchester)
- Daniel Bentham (City of Manchester)
- Archie Pearson (Beckenham)
- Ben Young (Beckenham)
- Charles Kingsmill (Penguin)
- Ben Naish (Nova)
- Joe Hood (Nova)