England win bronze at the EU Nations Cup 2016 in Denmark03/04/2016
The England U17 girls’ water polo team celebrated winning the battle for bronze at the EU Nations Cup 2016 in Odense, Denmark.
But the 13-strong squad finished the competition on a high note with an impressive 11-6 victory over Malta to see England win bronze at the EU Nations Cup 2016 – an improvement of two places from 12 months ago.
England 11 – 6 Malta
England bounced back from their semi-final defeat with a strong opening quarter against Malta, who had defeated them in the first game of the tournament.
Emily Pilkington opened the scoring early before adding a second goal and Rebecca Lee saw England end the first quarter with a 3-1 lead.
After winning the second quarter swim-off, Fleur Kennedy scored twice to maintain England’s two goal lead going into halftime (6-4).
The team held their lead consistently throughout the third quarter (7-5) before ending on a high with a final goal from Sasha Tinkler-Davies sealing a 11-6 final score and the third place on the rostrum.
— Joan Dundee (@joan_dundee) April 3, 2016
England Girls’ 1999 Squad
- Naya Patel – Grantham & Hucknall
- Emily Pilkington – Sedgefield
- Emily Watkins – Bristol
- Jordan Parsons – Devonport Royal
- Fleur Kennedy – Warley Water Polo
- Sam Murby – Lancaster
- Ellie Muncaster – Liverpool
- Abbie Turner – Northampton
- Sasha Tinkler-Davies – Otter
- Frances Holder – Liverpool
- Lauren Richardson – Leeds
- Rebecca Lee – Manchester
- Jennifer Herring – Exeter