England win bronze at the EU Nations Cup 2016 in DenmarkApril 3, 2016
The England U17 girls’ water polo team celebrated winning the battle for bronze at the EU Nations Cup 2016 in Odense, Denmark.
But the 13-strong squad finished the competition on a high note with an impressive 11-6 victory over Malta to see England win bronze at the EU Nations Cup 2016 – an improvement of two places from 12 months ago.
England 11 – 6 Malta
England bounced back from their semi-final defeat with a strong opening quarter against Malta, who had defeated them in the first game of the tournament.
Emily Pilkington opened the scoring early before adding a second goal and Rebecca Lee saw England end the first quarter with a 3-1 lead.
After winning the second quarter swim-off, Fleur Kennedy scored twice to maintain England’s two goal lead going into halftime (6-4).
The team held their lead consistently throughout the third quarter (7-5) before ending on a high with a final goal from Sasha Tinkler-Davies sealing a 11-6 final score and the third place on the rostrum.
— Joan Dundee (@joan_dundee) April 3, 2016
England Girls’ 1999 Squad
- Naya Patel – Grantham & Hucknall
- Emily Pilkington – Sedgefield
- Emily Watkins – Bristol
- Jordan Parsons – Devonport Royal
- Fleur Kennedy – Warley Water Polo
- Sam Murby – Lancaster
- Ellie Muncaster – Liverpool
- Abbie Turner – Northampton
- Sasha Tinkler-Davies – Otter
- Frances Holder – Liverpool
- Lauren Richardson – Leeds
- Rebecca Lee – Manchester
- Jennifer Herring – Exeter