‘Talented, hard-working’ GB squad bidding to reach U19s European ChampionshipsMarch 28, 2022
A ‘talented, hard-working’ squad of players has been selected for Great Britain’s bid to reach the Men’s U19s European Championships.
The qualification tournament for this year’s event takes place in Malta between Thursday 14 and Saturday 16 April.
Great Britain has been drawn against Netherlands, hosts Malta and Finland in Group D – with the top two qualifying.
Fourteen players will be making the trip to Malta and bidding to win a place in the championships which are due to take place in the Montenegro capital of Podgorica from 18 to 25 September.
Andy McGinty, head coach of the British team, said: “It is very exciting to be taking this team to the European qualification event in Malta.
“The players are a talented, hard-working group and we look forward to the opportunity for this team to compete against our European peers.“
It is the first time since 2018 the championships have taken place.
Great Britain squad for the Men’s U19s European Championships qualification tournament
- Daniel Bentham (City of Manchester, Bolton School)
- Harry Bentham (City of Manchester)
- James Blenkinship (City of Manchester)
- Corran Bradley (South Derbyshire, City of Sheffield)
- Malachy Byrne (City of Manchester)
- Dan Day (Cheltenham, Worcester)
- Harry Dunkerley (City of Manchester)
- Aarav Ganguli (Beckenham, Invicta)
- Rory Inman (City of Manchester)
- Charles Kingsmill (Penguin)
- Adam Lecomber (City of Manchester, Colchester)
- Francis Quinn (Cn Catalunya)
- Tom J Simpson (Bolton School, City of Manchester, SFC)
- Oliver Vodden ( Rotherham Metro, Adwick ASC, Solihull)
- Team manager: Colin Walsh
- Head coach: Andy McGinty