Recipe: Coffee energy bitesJanuary 23, 2022
This recipe is great for a pre-exercise snack and will help fuel your workout. Snacks such as this can be eaten around 45-60 minutes before exercise.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together this recipe.
If you try making it at home, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our coffee energy bites recipe.
Coffee energy bites ingredients to make 12 servings
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 1 cup of (packed) pitted dates
- 3 teaspoons of instant coffee
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Cold water, as needed, by the tablespoon
- Place cashews in food processor or a high powered blender to process until finely chopped.
- Add dates and instant coffee and continue to process until mixture forms a dough.
- Gradually add in cold water if needed to help reach dough consistency.
- Add chocolate chips into processor to distribute in small pieces or move dough to a medium bowl and fold in whole chocolate chips.
- Shape into one inch balls.
- Calories (kcal): 140
- Carbs (g): 20
- Protein (g): 3
- Fat(g): 6
Check out more recipes here.