Recipe: Tropical SmoothieJuly 3, 2022
It’s always important to stay on top of your hydration levels.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together this recipe.
If you try making it at home, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our recipe for Tropical Smoothie.
Tropical Smoothie ingredients to make two servings
- One mango
- One banana
- Three rings of fresh pineapple
- 500ml of orange juice
- Ice cubes
- Additional water for preferred consistency
- Cut the mango down each side of the stone, peel and cut into chunks.
- Peel and slice the banana.
- Optional – freeze all fruit for at least an hour for a thicker smoothie.
- Place the fruit and additional ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Store within the fridge and consume on the day.
- Calories (kcal): 73
- Carbs (g): 18
- Protein (g): 1
- Fat(g): 1
Check out more recipes here.