Recipe: Turkey BologneseDecember 17, 2021
This recipe is high in protein and provides a great way of using any of that leftover Christmas turkey!
You should aim to eat between 0.25-0.3 grams of protein per kilogram in bodyweight before exercising and for optimal protein synthesis after exercise, try to consume 20g. More than 40g will not provide and additional benefits.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together this recipe.
If you try making it at home, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our Turkey Bolognese recipe.
Turkey Bolognese ingredients to make two servings
- 500g of turkey mince
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk
- Half a red onion
- 3 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 200g of wholemeal pasta
- Fry the mince, onions, carrots and celery in a pan on a medium heat. Use a whisk to break up the mince.
- Once the mince is nearly cooked, add the tomatoes, garlic, tomato puree and oregano.
- Turn the heat down low and keep stirring occasionally until the tomatoes have broken down and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Serve up with some wholemeal pasta and a handful of spinach.
- Calories (kcal): 730
- Carbs (g): 77.6
- Protein (g): 63.37
- Fat(g): 14.8
Check out more recipes here.