World Junior Champs moves to VolosJuly 23, 2015
The FINA Women’s World Junior Championships has been moved to Volos, Greece and will take place from 17 – 23 August 2015.
The staging of the event was in the air after original hosts Mexico pulled out at a late stage but the Greek city have stepped in, having hosted the 2013 Championships as well as the 2011 Men’s Junior Championships.
The British women will hope to continue their recent form at this level, the current squad having finished seventh at last year’s European U19 Championships in Ostia, and the previous U20 team having finished eighth at the 2013 World Juniors.
Great Britain have been drawn in Group A alongside defending champions and hosts Greece, European powerhouses Russia, and Japan.
Great Britain team for the 2015 World Junior Championships
- Lauren Tasker – City of Liverpool
- Honor Grimes – City of Manchester
- Kate Parkin – Rotherham
- Kate Read – Cheltenham / City of Liverpool
- Kathy Rogers – London Otter / Christchurch Seagulls
- Rosie Huck – City of Manchester
- Isobel Howe – City of Manchester
- Katy Andrew – City of Manchester
- Brooke Tafazolli – London Otter
- Megan Gaunt – City of Manchester
- Rhianne Oscroft – City of Coventry