Action to take if you have a concern for your own child or another child training at the club

While everything will be done by your club Welfare Officer, committee, coaches and teachers to ensure best practice at all times, you may at some point have concerns you wish to raise.

  1. If the concern is about your child’s training at the club you should arrange to meet with the coach / teacher to discuss your child’s training and development.
  2. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of any discussion with the club coach / teacher you should approach the Head Coach or Welfare Officer for advice on what to do next. Please remember the training offered may be in the interests of the majority of the swimmers but not meet the needs of an individual swimmer.  If this is the case you need to discuss whether a change of lane, squads or even club is appropriate to ensure you child's needs are met.
  3. If you have a concern regarding what you consider may be poor practice by a coach / teacher, the ASA Signposting Helpdesk is a helpline available to all ASA members who need guidance on who to approach for help and advice if they have a concern. The helpdesk can be contacted at
  4. Issues of poor practice not addressed by the club should be reported to the ASA Office of Judicial Administration (OJA). If a formal complaint is made the Judicial Regulations are followed and the OJA deals directly with all the parties involved.
IoS Training For Level 2 Teaching Qualifications Baby Swimming Lesson Guidelines - Parents Purchase today Sign up to the ASA School Swimming Charter. We're taking swimming seriously, are you?