Introducing disability swimming hub clubsMarch 29, 2016 Get Started
Disability Swimming Hub Clubs provide assessment opportunities for swimmers with a disability. Situated at local swimming clubs, they determine your potential as an aquatic athlete.
During the assessment sessions swimmers have to complete basic swim skills and general assessment tasks. These help determine your ability level.
After the initial assessment you are signposted to swimming provision that best suits you.
What to expect from the assessment
Disability swimming hub club assessment sessions can last anywhere between 30-45 minutes, although can be adapted to meet swimmer needs.
During this time you can expect to do some of the following activities:
- Swim a length of the pool – this may be 10m-25m in length
- Swim lengths at different speeds
- Race against other swimmers being assessed.
Finding Disability Swimming Hub Clubs
To track down the nearest disability swimming hub club to you use the Google Map below. Simply:
- Click on a red icon to view more information about your nearest club
- Contact them using the details provided
- Book yourself an assessment.