Squad announced for Euro qualifiers27/04/2018
Great Britain have selected a squad of 13 players for their U19 men’s LEN European Water Polo Qualifiers in May.
The team face matches against Lithuania, Ukraine and Greece between Friday 11 May and Sunday 13 May at the East Manchester Leisure Centre.
And the squad for those matches has now been finalised following a gruelling training camp.
Solihull’s Matthias Madden captains the team which will be travelling to Malta for a three-game series before the qualifiers.
Sean King, head coach of the GB team, said: “Selection weekend is always difficult. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the players who have contributed to our programme and especially those who won’t continue following selection.
“I hope many of the guys will be in Manchester to support the team.
Great Britain U19 Squad for European Qualifiers
- Harrison Barker-Smith (City of Manchester)
- Connor Carpenter (Sheffield WPC)
- Tom Hutchens (Barnstaple)
- Joseph Jenkins-Delph (Welsh Wanderers)
- Matthias Madden (capt) (Solihull)
- Thomas Manley (Newton Abbot)
- William Moores (City of Manchester)
- Michael Patterson (City of Manchester)
- John Pratt (Sedgefield)
- Benjamin Ray (City of Manchester)
- Benjamin Riding (City of Manchester)
- Christopher Sturtevant (City of Manchester & Del Mar WPC)
- Isaac Wass (Castleford)
- Ben Stephenson (1st Reserve) (Sedgefield)
“Many congratulations to the 13 players selected. The squad is largely made up of 99 year born players, with three members of last year’s 2000 squad and Californian based Chris Sturtevant.
“We have a final domestic camp before our attention turns to the three game series against Malta. It will be a great opportunity for us to execute our plan for the three qualification games.”
In Manchester, Greece face Ukraine on 11 May before GB take on Lithuania at 7pm.
Lithuania then play Greece at 5.30pm on 12 May with GB in action at 7pm against Ukraine.
GB’s last game on 13 May is against Greece at 11am, following Ukraine v Lithuania which starts at 9.30am
Tickets for the event are selling fast and to find out more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.