Club Membership SecretaryApril 1, 2019
The club membership secretary is the key link between the club and the Swim England membership team. They look after the day to day registration of all club members with Swim England.
What we are looking for?
- You will be enthusiastic with experience engaging with a wide range of people and dealing with multiple queries.
- You will be an excellent communicator with good verbal, written and IT skills.
- You will have good administration skills, including word processing and database management.
- You will have excellent organisational skills.
- You will be confident in handling payment of fees.
What do we and the club expect from a club membership secretary?
- To act as a main point of contact for all club member registrations.
- To maintain up-to-date information and contact details of all club members, updating and changes to membership throughout the year.
- Manage the clubs annual subscription and membership renewal process, ensuring membership fees are paid on time.
Level of commitment required
This will vary from club to club, but will include ongoing membership responsibilities. The role will likely be periodical, with more time in particular during the membership renewal period.
What support can you expect from Swim England?
- Access to resources and guidance via the ‘Club Hub’.
- Direct contact with and support from the Swim England Club Development Officers
- Access and support from the Swim England membership team.
What will you gain from the experience?
This is a key and central role which success and impact on the club will be determined by your own motivations and enthusiasms.
As well as your ability to manage the clubs membership and subscription processes, it is an opportunity to take on a new challenge and enhance the experience of all new and existing club members.