Club PresidentApril 1, 2019
A swimming club president will act as a figurehead both within and outside of the club. The club president is an honorary role supporting the work of the club and presenting a public face of the club at all times.
Who we are looking for?
- You will be enthusiastic with a good knowledge of the club and people within it.
- You will be confident in publicly supporting the club committee and engaging positively with parents and athletes.
- You will have the confidence to represent the club to external partners.
What do we and the club expect from a club president?
- To attend club and committee meetings in a neutral and uncommitted capacity, providing an impartial voice to discussions and decisions.
- To provide a public face for the club.
- To work with the club chairperson, when appropriate, to facilitate the smooth running of the club.
Level of commitment required
This will vary from club to club, but will include attendance at general club meetings and events as required.
What support can you expect from Swim England?
- Access to resources and guidance via the ‘Club Hub’.
- Direct contact with and support from the Swim England Club Development Officers.
What will you gain from the experience?
This is an important and highly influential role which success and impact on the club will be determined by your own ambitions and enthusiasms.
As well as your ability to provide an impartial voice to the club committee, it is an opportunity to take on a new challenge and represent the ethos and culture of the club across the wider general public and aquatic community.